Previsualization render I did of the "Pig Smash" setup. The producers wanted something that looked high end and went with the look of the rest of the stage. I designed the whole thing in acrylic, and found a vendor to create custom plaster pigs. Drawn in SketchUp, rendered in IDX Renditioner.
Here's how it ended up looking on set.
Here is a full view of the concept render I did for the network, before I was approved to start building. Drawn in SketchUp, rendered in IDX Renditioner.
Once we determined the perfect size and spacing, we built 5 identical sections with 2 pigs per section that piece together.
Another rendering to display the modularity of the design. Both pigs and dollar amounts inside each pig would need to be reset and randomized each time the game is played; by making it all modular, I cut down the time needed to reset, allowing production to continue seamlessly and ahead of schedule.
Contestants are briefed on the rules.
Pigs in front of the show logo.
Couldn't do it without these guys. Best art department in the business. I'm a lucky man to be able to work with such talented and enthusiastic people.